NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. Eligibility: The College Football Playoff National Tailgate Champion presented by Eckrich (the “Contest”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia and who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry (19+ in Alabama and Nebraska). The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s and Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Sponsor: Smithfield Packaged Meats Sales Corp., 111 Commerce Street, Smithfield, VA 23430. Administrators: Trofia , LLC, 1881 Spruce Creek Blvd Port Orange, Fl 32128; Signature Sports Group, 1300 S. Mint St. Suite 405, Charlotte, NC 28203.
3. Timing: The Contest begins on August 23, 2021 at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on December 13, 2021 11:59 p.m. ET (the "Promotion Period"). Administrator’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Contest.
4. How to Enter: There are two (2) channels of entry (each, an “Entry Channel”) during the Promotion Period.
The Two (2) Entry Channels include the following:
1. INSTAGRAM: To enter via Instagram (“Instagram Entry”), entrants must follow the instructions set forth below. All Instagram Entries must be made by a public profile, and posted during the duration of the contest in order to be eligible during the Promotion Period. Sponsor (@EckrichMeats on Instagram) will post a message on or about August 23, 2021 announcing the start of the Contest. To enter, entrants must publish a post on Instagram between August 23, 2021 and December 6, 2021 that includes an original photo or video of their ultimate tailgate or homegate. Valid entries must mention @EckrichMeats (the “Mention”) and #EckrichTailgate (the “Hashtag”) in the copy accompanying the photo or video. Valid entries may not include links to external sources. Number of entries will not increase chances of being selected.
2. FACEBOOK: Sponsor (Eckrich Meats on Facebook) will post a message on or about August 23, 2021 announcing the start of the Contest (the “Contest Post”). To enter via Facebook (“Facebook Entry”), entrants must publish a post on Facebook between August 23, 2021 and December 6, 2021 that includes an original photo or video of their ultimate tailgate or homegate. Valid entries must include the Hashtag. Valid entries may not include links to external sources. All Facebook Entries must be made by a public profile in order to be eligible. Anyone found to use multiple Facebook accounts to enter will be ineligible. Number of entries will not increase chances of being selected.
Each entry must meet the following “Entry Requirements” (any entry that, in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion, violates the following criteria will be disqualified):
- Instagram and Facebook Entries must be posted to a non-private social media account and must include the Mention and Hashtag and be posted during the promotion period between August 23, 2021 and December 6, 2021.
- Entrant must be the rightful owner of the social media account associated with the entry;
- Entry must not have been previously submitted in another promotion, broadcast on a media network or submitted to any entertainment entity that would conflict with this Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion;
- Entry must comply with the social media platform’s terms and conditions as posted on the respective social media platform;
- Entry must NOT contain subject matter which is, or could be considered, in the sole discretion of the Sponsor, obscene, pornographic, violent (e.g., relating to murder, the sales of weapons, cruelty, abuse, etc.), scandalous, controversial, defamatory, libelous, discriminatory (based on race, sex, religion, natural origin, physical disability, sexual orientation or age), illegal (e.g., illegal gambling, underage drinking, substance abuse, computer hacking, etc.), offensive, threatening, profane, hateful, degrading, harassing, or otherwise unlawful, tortious or objectionable;
- Entry must NOT contain any derogatory references to Sponsor or its products or services or any other person, company, or organization; and
Note: Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify and delete or block any entry in the Contest the entry violates an Entry Requirement or Sponsor deems the entry to be lacking in taste, quality, or is otherwise objectionable for any reason in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
Entrants that enter via a social media platform understand that they are posting their entry at their sole risk. Sponsor is not responsible for any claims arising from the entries, specifically including, but not limited to, claims for intellectual property infringement and privacy rights violations, as well as violations of the respective social media platform’s terms and conditions.
5. Judging and Voting:
Promotional Period Finalists: All eligible entries will be judged by a panel of judges selected by Sponsor in its sole discretion and whose decisions are final and binding in all matters related to the judging. Entries will be judged on the following criteria: 1) Quality; 2) Originality/Creativity; 3) Team Spirit. Two (2) potential finalists will be selected from eligible entries received from all Entry Channels combined for each promotional period as specified below for a total of six (6) Promotional Period Finalists (“Monthly Winners.”). Finalists will be notified on or about 7-10 days after the end of each Promotional Period. Non-winning entries in each Promotional Period will be eligible in subsequent month judging. For example, if an entrant is NOT selected as a finalist in Promotional Period 1, the entry will be included in the judging for Promotional Period 2 along with all other entries received up to the time of the next judging. Promotional Period Finalists will be notified via respective direct message services on the social media platform used to enter the Contest or via a comment on their entry. Except where prohibited, Promotional Period Finalists may be required to sign, have notarized and return an Affidavit of Eligibility & Liability Release and Publicity Release and an IRS Form W9 ("Declaration"). All forms must be received by Administrator within five (5) days of the date notice or attempted notice is first sent, in order to claim his/her prize. If a Promotional Period Finalist cannot be contacted, fails to return the Declaration or provide any other requested information, within the required time period (if applicable), or the prize notification is returned as undeliverable, the Promotional Period Finalist forfeits his/her prize. Receiving a prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules. In the event that a Promotional Period Finalist is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor may award the applicable prize to an alternate finalist from among all remaining eligible entries. Only one (1) alternate finalist will be selected, after which the prize will remain un-awarded.
Promotional Period 1: August 23rd - September 30th
Promotional Period 2: October 1st - October 31st
Promotional Period 3: November 1st - November 30th
Promotional Period Winners: The photo/video entries for the six (6) Promotional Period Finalists will compete in a popular vote on the Eckrich social media channels at the end of each Promotional Period to determine the Promotional Period Winners. Voting will commence on or about the last day of each promotional period and last approximately six days. The entry that receives the most votes, as defined on the Eckrich announcement posts on Facebook and Instagram, will be a Promotional Period Winner.
National Champion Voting: The photo/video entries for the three (3) Promotional Period Winners will compete in a popular vote on the Eckrich social media channels to determine the National Tailgating/Homegating Champion. Voting will commence on or about December 6, 2021 and remain open until 11:59pm ET on December 13, 2021. The entry that receives the most votes, as defined on the Eckrich announcement posts on Facebook and Instagram, will be the College Football Playoff National Tailgate Champion. The National Champion will be announced on or about December 14, 2021.
Promotional Period Finalists
- A football signed by Kirk Herbstreit
- A Bose® Speaker
- An Eckrich® Cooler bag
- A Yeti® tumbler and Yeti can koozie
- Eckrich® water bottle
- A pair of Eckrich® can koozies
ARV of Prizes: $400
Promotional Period Winners
- A Coleman® cooler
- A tailgate grill
- Two Eckrich® camping chairs
- An Eckrich® grill tools set with carrying case
- A grilling skewer set
- An Eckrich® apron, water bottle and cap
ARV of Prizes: $500
National Champion: One (1) National Champion will receive a trip for two (2) people (winner plus one (1) guest) to attend the College Football Playoff National Championship Game scheduled to take place at the Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis, IN on Monday, January 10, 2022. Trip includes the following: round trip, coach air transportation for winner and one (1) guest between a major gateway airport near winner’s home and Indianapolis, IN; three (3) nights’ hotel accommodations (1 standard room, double occupancy) in or around Indianapolis, IN at a hotel determined by Sponsor at its sole discretion; two (2) tickets to the National Championship Game; a $1,000 Visa® Prepaid Card; and a custom College Football Playoff National Tailgate Champion Championship Ring. Seat locations at the shall be determined in the sole discretion of Sponsor. All expenses and incidental travel costs not expressly stated in the package description above, including but not limited to, ground transportation, meals, incidentals, gratuities, passenger tariffs or duties, airline fees, surcharges, airport fees, service charges or facility charges, personal charges at lodging, security fees, taxes or other expenses, are the responsibility solely of winner. If the National Championship Game postponed or cancelled for any reason after ticketing of trip, tickets will be subject to the standard terms set by the issuer. Additional restrictions and terms and conditions may apply. Winner & guest must travel together on the same itinerary and date(s) specified by Sponsor. The guest must be of legal age of majority in his/her jurisdiction of residence (and at least eighteen (18) years of age), unless accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. Trip winner and his/her guest agree to comply with all applicable venue rules, as applicable, and regulations in connection with the prize. Sponsor and/or authorized venue representative reserves the right to remove or to deny entry to any prize winner and his/her guest who engage(s) in a disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person at the event. Game dates and times are subject to change. The terms and conditions of the game tickets, if awarded, will govern in the event the game is postponed or cancelled due to weather conditions, an act of God, an act of terrorism, civil disturbance, public health concerns, or any other reason. Tickets awarded as a prize may not be resold or offered for resale or used for any commercial or promotional purpose whatsoever. Any such resale or commercial or promotional use may result in disqualification and prize forfeiture. Sponsor and the sporting event entities will not be responsible for weather conditions, Acts of God, acts of terrorism, civil disturbances, work stoppage, public health emergencies or any other natural disaster outside their control that may cause the cancellation or postponement of the game. If prize winner lives within 120 miles of Indianapolis, IN, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, ground transportation will be provided to such prize winner in lieu of air travel and any difference in value will not be awarded. Travel subject to availability, blackout dates, advanced notice requirements, and once booked, no changes will be permitted. Prize winner and guest will not receive frequent flyer miles, hotel stay award points or other “perks” in conjunction with prize travel. Additional restrictions may apply.
Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of National Champion prize: $5,000. Any difference between the estimated ARV stated above and the actual value will not be awarded.
All prize details will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Prizes are non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winners are responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use.
7. Release: By receipt of any prize, winner agrees to release and hold harmless CFP Events Inc. ("CFPE"), CFP Administration, LLC ("CFPA"), College Football Playoff Foundation, Inc. (together with CFPE and CFPA, "CFP"), Sponsor, Administrator, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize or while preparing for or traveling to any prize trip-related activity. This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, the College Football Playoff, CFP, or any of their respective members, officers, agents, employees, or representatives. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Contest must be directed to the Sponsor, and not to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, the College Football Playoff, or CFP.
8. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Contest constitutes winner’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
9. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, human error or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
Force Majeure: If any event described herein cannot be held on the scheduled date, or if any party cannot perform any or all of its obligations hereunder, because of an event of force majeure, including, without limitation, inclement weather, unplayable conditions, labor actions or work stoppages (including, without limitations, strikes and lockouts), nature calamities, national emergencies, declarations of war, terrorist threat or act of terrorism, health emergencies, acts of God, or for any other reason beyond the reasonable control of the performing party and/or the cancellation of the event and a good faith rescheduling of such event cannot be achieved, the delay and/or cancellation of such event and/or the party's failure to perform its obligation(s) shall not be considered a breach of these Official Rules and each party shall be relieved of its obligations hereunder in connection with such event or obligations. Without limiting the foregoing, Sponsor shall have the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest or any impacted Contest prizes in the event the College Football National Championship Game is cancelled or played with no or limited in-stadium spectators due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic or other force majeure event.
By submitting an entry, each entrant hereby irrevocably grants Sponsor, its parent, subsidiary and affiliated entities, and each of their respective licensees, agents, representatives and other authorized users including, without limitation, advertisers, sponsors and retail partners directly associated with the Contest (collectively, the "Licensed Entities"), without the requirement of any permission from or payment to you or to any other person or entity, a perpetual, non-exclusive, irrevocable, fully-paid, royalty-free, sub-licensable and transferable worldwide license to use, reproduce, transmit, copy, publish, display, exhibit, distribute, comment on, stream, edit, alter, modify, adapt, create derivative works based upon and publicly perform such entry, in whole or in part (including, without limitation, all names, voices, addresses (city and state only) and likenesses contained in the entry), in all means and media (including without limitation Sponsor’s use of the entry on all social media channels) now known or hereafter devised, for any and all purposes including, without limitation, news, advertising, promotional, marketing, publicity, trade or commercial purposes, except where prohibited by law. Nothing in these Official Rules obligates or may be deemed to obligate any of the Licensed Entities to use the entry. Entrant acknowledges that the entry may be edited and/or added to for any reason and in any manner which the Licensed Entities may, in their sole discretion, determine and may, to the extent decided by the Licensed Entities in their sole discretion, have other elements added to the entry, and that the Licensed Entities may use and modify the entry or any portion or element of it and combine it with other materials. Entrant acknowledges that the entry is sent voluntarily, and not in confidence, and that no confidential relationship is intended or created between Sponsor and Entrant or between any of the Licensed Entities and entrant by virtue of the submission of the entry. Entrant further acknowledges that Sponsor or the Licensed Entities may develop information and materials internally or receive information or materials from other parties that is similar to the entry. Accordingly, nothing in these Official Rules shall be construed as a representation or agreement that Sponsor and the Licensed Entities have not or will not develop or have developed ideas, concepts, products, promotions, systems or techniques that are similar to or compete with any ideas, concepts, products, systems or techniques contemplated by or embodied in the entry.
10. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. Sponsor is also not responsible for any change in entrant user name or social media profile(s) that may limit Sponsor’s ability to contact the entrant should his/her entry be chosen as a potential winner. If for any reason an entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Contest, if it is possible. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims. Entrant acknowledges that in the event of a breach of these Official Rules by Sponsor or any third party, including any of the Licensed Entities, the damage, if any, caused to entrant will not entitle entrant to seek injunctive relief or other equitable relief, and entrant will not have the right to enjoin the production, exhibition, distribution or any other exploitation of the entry by any Licensed Entity.
11. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the State or Federal courts located in Virginia; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia.
13. Winner List: For a winners list, please send a self-addressed, stamped envelope within 90 days of the end of the Promotion Period to: Eckrich Tailgating Contest, 111 Commerce Street, Smithfield, VA 23430, Attn: Eckrich Tailgate Sweepstakes