- 1 pkg(s) Eckrich Smoked Sausage, cut into 3/4 inch slices, slices halved1 pkg(s)
- 2 Tbsp. Oil2 Tbsp.
- 1 whole Medium onion, chopped1 whole
- 1 Chipotle chili in adobo sauce (from a can) , finely chopped, plus 1 tsp of adobo sauce1
- 30 oz. Cans pinto beans30 oz.
- 1/2 cup(s) Crisply cooked crumbled bacon or packaged bacon bits1/2 cup(s)
- Shredded chihuahua cheese, (optional)
- Chopped cilantro (optional)
Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
Add onion; cook and stir 2 minutes.
Add chili and, if desired, adobo sauce; cook and stir 1 minute.
Add sausage; cook and stir 5 minutes.
Drain one can of the beans.
Add drained and undrained beans to onion mixture; simmer over medium-low heat 10 minutes or until heated through and sauce thickens.
Stir in bacon bits. Garnish with cheese and cilantro if desired.