- 1 lb. Eckrich Original Skinless Smoked Sausage Rope1 lb.
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. Olive oil, divided1 1/2 Tbsp.
- 1 whole Medium onion, chopped1 whole
- 3 clove(s) Garlic, minced3 clove(s)
- 2 lb. (medium head) cabbage, cored and chopped into 1-in pieces2 lb.
- 3/4 Tsp. Salt, plus more to taste3/4 Tsp.
- 1/2 Tsp. Ground black pepper1/2 Tsp.
- 1 Tsp. Red wine vinegar1 Tsp.
HALVE the sausage lengthwise and then slice it into 1/2-inch pieces.
HEAT a large deep skillet or dutch oven over medium heat.
ADD 1/2 tablespoon oil and the sausage.
TOSS to coat and then cook until browned, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate.
RETURN the pan to the stove and reduce the heat to medium low.
ADD the remaining tablespoon of oil and the onion.
COOK, stirring occasionally, until the onion has softened.
ADD the garlic, cabbage, salt, and pepper. Toss well to combine.
COVER and cook, stirring every 4-5 minutes until the cabbage is wilted, about 12 minutes.
STIR in the vinegar and return the sausage to the pot.
STIR and cover for about 3 more minutes, until the cabbage is tender and sausage is hot.
TASTE and add salt, if needed. Enjoy!