- 14 oz. Eckrich Jalapeno and Cheddar Smoked Sausage cut into 1/2 -in pieces14 oz.
- 1 Tsp. Active dry or instant yeast1 Tsp.
- 1 Tsp. Granulated sugar1 Tsp.
- 3/4 cup(s) Warm water, (between 100-110°F)3/4 cup(s)
- 2 cup(s) All-purpose flour or bread flour (spoon and leveled) , plus more for hands and surface2 cup(s)
- 1 Tbsp. Olive oil, plus 1 tsp for brushing the dough1 Tbsp.
- 1 Tsp. Salt1 Tsp.
- 1 Tsp. Garlic powder or 1 clove minced garlic and/or 1 tsp Italian seasoning (optional)1 Tsp.
HEAT oven to 475°F.
PLACE sugar and yeast into the bowl of a mixer attaching either a dough hook or a paddle. You can also use a large mixing bowl.
POUR warm water in slowly and gently whisk. Cover loosely with a clean kitchen towel.
SIT for 5 minutes. Mixture should become frothy.
PLACE dough in a greased bowl and with plastic wrap, foil or kitchen towel cover and rest for 45 minutes.
PREPARE toppings while dough is resting and rising.
SHAPE dough by punching down to release any/all air. Divide dough into two and, on a lightly floured surface, work the dough by shaping and stretching it until it is ¼-inch thick (make sure it is thin). Repeat with second dough.
TRANSFER both pieces of dough to a silicone-mat lined baking sheet, parchment paper or pizza stone.
POKE fingers all around the surface of the flatbreads or use a fork to prick holes.
DRIZZLE with ½ tsp of olive oil.
TOP with Italian cheese and ½ sliced links, thinly sliced tomatoes and some fresh basil.
BAKE for 15-20 minutes or when the crust and the toppings are browned to your preference.
SERVE warm and enjoy!