- 20 - 28 Packages Eckrich Smoked Sausage, cut into 2 inch pieces20 - 28
- 12 oz. Refrigerated pizza dough, from a can or bag12 oz.
- 1 Large egg, beaten1
- 1/4 cup(s) Baking soda1/4 cup(s)
- 2 Tbsp. Coarse salt2 Tbsp.
- 3/4 cup(s) Whole grain mustard3/4 cup(s)
- 1/4 cup(s) Mayonnaise1/4 cup(s)
- 3 Tbsp. Honey3 Tbsp.
HEAT oven to 425°F . Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
ROLL pizza dough on lightly floured surface into a 10"x12" rectangle. Using a sharp knife, cut in half, making two 10"x6" rectangles. Cut each rectangle into ten 1"x6" strips.
WRAP strip of pizza dough around each piece of smoked sausage, pinching at seam to secure.
BOIL 4 quarts of water in a medium pot. Add baking soda, stirring to dissolve.
PLACE sausage bites in boiling water, in two batches, cooking each batch for 2-3 minutes, or until puffed. Remove with slotted spoon and transfer to lined baking sheet.
BRUSH each sausage bite with beaten egg and sprinkle with coarse salt.
BAKE for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
COMBINE mustard, mayonnaise and honey in a small bowl until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper.