- 1 pkg(s) Eckrich Smoked Sausage, cut into 16 pieces1 pkg(s)
- 3/4 cup(s) Firmly packed brown sugar3/4 cup(s)
- 3 cup(s) Unsweetened pineapple juice3 cup(s)
- 1 cup(s) Distilled white vinegar1 cup(s)
- 2 Tbsp. Soy sauce2 Tbsp.
- 1 Tbsp. Finely chopped peeled fresh ginger1 Tbsp.
- 1 Tbsp. Lime juice1 Tbsp.
- 2 whole Large red onions, each cut into 8 wedges2 whole
- 2 whole Large red bell peppers, each cut into 8 pieces2 whole
- 1 whole Large fresh pineapple, cut into 16 chunks1 whole
Combine brown sugar, pineapple juice, vinegar, soy sauce and ginger in medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Continue cooking 30 minutes, or until sauce is thickened and reduced to 2 cups, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; stir in lime juice.
Place vegetables and pineapple in 13x9-inch glass baking dish. Pour pineapple juice mixture over vegetables and pineapple; toss lightly to coat. Cover.
Refrigerate 1 hour to marinate.
Spray cold grate of outdoor grill with grilling spray. Preheat grill to medium heat. Drain vegetable mixture, reserving marinade. Thread vegetables, pineapple and sausage alternately onto 8 heavy wooden or metal skewers.
Grill skewers 10 to 15 minutes, or until sausage is hot and vegetables are tender, turning every 5 minutes and brushing with the reserved marinade.