- 1 pkg(s) Eckrich Cheddar Smoked Sausage Links, quarter cut lengthwise and diced1 pkg(s)
- 1 Small handful green onion, thinly sliced1
- 2 cup(s) Milk2 cup(s)
- 4 oz. Cream cheese, cubed4 oz.
- 1 Sharp cheddar, shredded1
- 1/2 cup(s) Quick grits1/2 cup(s)
- 1 Tsp. Garlic powder1 Tsp.
- 1/2 cup(s) Jarred roasted red peppers, diced1/2 cup(s)
- 1 whole Sourdough baguette, thinly sliced1 whole
- Olive oil
PREHEAT: Oven to 400°.
BRUSH: Baguette slices lightly with oil, place on baking pan.
BAKE: Baguette until lightly brown (10-12 minutes).
IN MEDIUM POT, COOK: Smoked Sausage pieces until heated through (5-7 minutes).
IN SAME POT, ADD: Milk until just boiling.
WHISK IN AND STIR FREQUENTLY: grits until thick (5-7 minutes).
IN SAME POT, STIR: Cheeses, garlic powder, peppers and green onion. Heat until cheese has melted.
SERVE: Warm with the crispy bread slices and you’ll have yourself a true Southern delicacy.