- 3/4 cup(s) Cooked and thinly chopped Eckrich Cheddar Links3/4 cup(s)
- 2 cup(s) All-purpose flour2 cup(s)
- 1 Tsp. Salt1 Tsp.
- 1 Tbsp. Backing powder1 Tbsp.
- 1/2 Tsp. Black pepper1/2 Tsp.
- 1/2 cup(s) Unsalted butter, cold and chopped1/2 cup(s)
- 1/2 cup(s) Shredded cheddar cheese 1/2 cup(s)
- 2 Tbsp. Maple syrup2 Tbsp.
- 3/4 cup(s) Whipping cream, plus 2 tbsp for brushing 3/4 cup(s)
- 1/4 cup(s) Chives1/4 cup(s)
COMBINE the flour, salt, baking powder, and pepper in a large bowl. Use the back of two forks to cut the butter into the dry ingredients until pea-sized clumps. Stir in the sausage and cheese.
COMBINE the maple syrup and the whipping cream in a separate bowl and then stir into the dry ingredients and add chives just until evenly incorporated.
PUSH the dough out in a ¾” thick circle and place on a parchment lined baking pan in the freezer to chill for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
CUT the chilled dough into 8 wedges but leave the circle of pieces together.
BRUSH a thin layer of whipping cream over the scones.
BAKE in the oven until golden brown around the edges of each scone, about 35 minutes.