- 1 Eckrich smoked sausage link1
- 1 pkg(s) Penne pasta1 pkg(s)
- 8 oz. Block of feta cheese 8 oz.
- 2 pt. Cherry tomatoes2 pt.
- 3 Tsp. Minced garlic3 Tsp.
- 1/4 Tsp. Black pepper1/4 Tsp.
- 1/4 Tsp. Salt1/4 Tsp.
- 1/4 cup(s) Olive oil1/4 cup(s)
- 1 whole Lemon, zested1 whole
- 1/4 cup(s) Fresh basil leaves1/4 cup(s)
- Parmesan cheese (optional)
HEAT oven to 400ºF.
ADD cherry tomatoes and cut sausage to the bottom of a 9"x13" baking dish.
DRIZZLE with olive oil and toss to coat.
PLACE block of feta cheese in the middle and season with salt, pepper, garlic and lemon zest.
BAKE for 30 minutes or until tomatoes have burst or ready to burst.
COOK the pasta according the package while the tomatoes roast,. Reserve one cup of pasta water.
REMOVE baking dish from oven, add pasta water, and stir until mixed well and feta is creamy.
ADD the cooked pasta to the dish and mix together.
SPRINKLE with shaved parmesan, garnish with fresh basil and enjoy!