- 10 - 14 oz. Package Eckrich Smoked Sausage, cut into 1/4 inch thick slices10 - 14 oz.
- 2 cup(s) Diced onion2 cup(s)
- 1 Tsp. Minced garlic1 Tsp.
- 2 Tbsp. Olive oil2 Tbsp.
- 2 cup(s) Diced celery2 cup(s)
- 2 cup(s) Chopped carrots2 cup(s)
- 6 cup(s) Chicken stock6 cup(s)
- 3/4 cup(s) Uncooked orzo3/4 cup(s)
- 1 Tsp. Chopped fresh rosemary1 Tsp.
- 1/4 cup(s) Fresh squeezed lemon juice (1 large lemon)1/4 cup(s)
- Chopped fresh italian parsley, optional
In 4-quart saucepan or stock pot, sauté onions and garlic in olive oil until onions are translucent. Stir in celery and carrots; sauté 5 minutes.
Add chicken stock; bring to a boil over high heat. Stir in sliced sausage, orzo and rosemary. Reduce heat and simmer until orzo is tender, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Stir in lemon juice; season with salt and pepper to taste. If desired, garnish with parsley before serving.