- 1 (14-Ounce) Package Eckrich® Original Skinless Smoked Sausage Rope, Cut Into 1-inch Coins1 (14-Ounce) Package
- 1/2 Pound Medium Shrimp, Peeled And Deveined1/2 Pound
- 12 Slider Rolls12
- 1 1/2 Cups Frozen Okra, Cut1 1/2 Cups
- 1 Large Yellow Onion, Chopped1
- 1 Medium Green Bell Pepper, Chopped1
- 2 Stalks Celery, Chopped2 Stalks
- 2 Cloves Garlic, Minced2 Cloves
- 3 Tbsps. Vegetable Oil3 Tbsps.
- 3 Tbsps. All-Purpose Flour 3 Tbsps.
- 2 Cups Low-Sodium Chicken Broth2 Cups
- 2 Tsps. Cayenne Pepper2 Tsps.
- 6 Cups Cooked Long-Grain White Rice6 Cups
HEAT oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Add flour and cook, stirring occasionally until fragrant and dark golden-brown, about 8 to 12 minutes.
MIX flour mixture, broth, okra, sausage, onion, bell pepper, celery, garlic and cayenne in a 4-quart slow cooker until combined.
COVER and cook on high for 4 hours, or on low for 6 hours, until fully cooked.
STIR in shrimp 1 hour before cooking finishes.
SERVE with rice.