- 1 pkg(s) Eckrich Skinless Smoked Sausage1 pkg(s)
- 1 Tbsp. Vegetable oil1 Tbsp.
- 1 whole Large onion, coarsely chopped1 whole
- 2 cup(s) 2% milk2 cup(s)
- 2 cup(s) Frozen ready to cook hash brown potatoes with peppers and onions thawed2 cup(s)
- 14 1/2 oz. Can creamed-style corn14 1/2 oz.
- 1 - 1/2 cup(s) Frozen corn kernels1 - 1/2 cup(s)
- 1/2 Tsp. Salt1/2 Tsp.
- 1/4 Tsp. Freshly ground black pepper1/4 Tsp.
- 1 cup(s) Shredded sharp cheddar cheese1 cup(s)
- 1/4 cup(s) Chopped chives or green onions1/4 cup(s)
Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion; cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes. Add milk, potatoes, sausage, creamed corn, corn kernels, salt and pepper.
Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Ladle chowder into four shallow bowls; top with cheese if desired and chives.