- 1 pkg(s) (regular size) Eckrich Skinless Smoked Sausage1 pkg(s)
- 8 oz. Multi-grain or regular thin spaghetti8 oz.
- 1 Tbsp. Olive oil1 Tbsp.
- 1 whole Small onion, chopped1 whole
- 2 whole Each: red, yellow or green bell peppers, cut into 1/2 inch chunks2 whole
- 4 clove(s) Garlic, minced4 clove(s)
- 29 oz. Canned fire roasted diced tomatoes, undrained29 oz.
- 1/4 cup(s) Tomato paste1/4 cup(s)
- 1/2 cup(s) Halved pitted kalamata or black ripe olives1/2 cup(s)
- 1/4 Tsp. Crushed red pepper flakes1/4 Tsp.
- 1/2 cup(s) Grated parmesan or asiago cheese1/2 cup(s)
- 1/2 cup(s) Chopped fresh basil leaves or italian parsley1/2 cup(s)
Cook spaghetti according to package directions.
Meanwhile, heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and bell peppers; cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute. Add tomatoes and tomato paste; mix well and bring to a boil over high heat. Stir in sausage, olives, and, if desired, pepper flakes. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered 10 to 12 minutes or until sauce thickens slightly.
Drain spaghetti; transfer to four serving plates. Top with sausage mixture, cheese and basil.