- 10 - 14 oz. Eckrich Skinless Smoked Sausage10 - 14 oz.
- 1 - 1/2 Tbsp. Oil1 - 1/2 Tbsp.
- 1 whole Medium onion, chopped1 whole
- 3 whole Medium carrots, chopped3 whole
- 2 Medium stalk of celery, chopped2
- 2 Tsp. Minced garlic2 Tsp.
- 1 Tsp. Dried thyme1 Tsp.
- 1/3 cup(s) Flour1/3 cup(s)
- 2 qt. Vegetable broth2 qt.
- 14 oz. Can northern beans, undrained (14oz)14 oz.
- 2 cup(s) Chopped swiss chard, spinach or kale2 cup(s)
- 1/3 cup(s) Grated parmesan cheese1/3 cup(s)
Slice the Eckrich Smoked Sausage into thin coins. Set aside.
In a 4 quart saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion, carrots, and celery; sauté 5 to 6 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently. Reduce heat to medium. Add sausage, garlic and thyme; continue cooking 3 to 4 minutes or until sausage is lightly browned. Add flour; heat and stir about 30 seconds.
Add broth, bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally.
Stir in beans and Swiss chard; cook 3 to 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated and chard/kale is tender. Serve with cheese.