- 1 lb. Eckrich Smoked Sausage , sliced 3/4 inch thick1 lb.
- 29 oz. Can pinto beans29 oz.
- 1 whole Medium onion, finely chopped1 whole
- 2 Tbsp. Oil2 Tbsp.
- 1 Small chipotle chile from can well drained from sauce and finely chopped1
- 1 Tsp. Salt or to taste1 Tsp.
- 1 cup(s) Bacon bits or to taste1 cup(s)
Heat the oil in a large stockpot over medium heat.
Add the onion cook onion for about 2 minutes.
Add chipotle chili and stir.
Add sausage and brown carefully.
Add the beans and then the bacon bits, bring to a boil.
Reduce heat and simmer for about 10 minutes or until a little thicker.
Garnish with Chihuahua cheese and cilantro, if desired.