- 1 pkg(s) (regular size) Eckrich Smoked Sausage1 pkg(s)
- 12 - 14 oz. (22 to 24 inch) loaf french bread baguette12 - 14 oz.
- 3 Tbsp. Olive oil3 Tbsp.
- 2 clove(s) Garlic, minced2 clove(s)
- 1 - 1/2 cup(s) Ripe tomatoes, diced1 - 1/2 cup(s)
- 1/4 cup(s) Chopped fresh basil, parsley or chives (or a combination)1/4 cup(s)
- 1 cup(s) Shredded mozzarella cheese1 cup(s)
Prepare barbecue grill. Cut each sausage link in half crosswise. Cut baguette crosswise into four pieces. Cut each piece lengthwise in half. Combine oil and garlic; spoon over cut sides of bread. Grill sausage links on covered grill over medium heat 5 minutes per side. Place bread, cut sides down around edges of grill; grill 2 minutes or until lightly toasted.
Place bread, grilled sides up on four sheets of foil, each about 12-inches square. Place sausages over bread; top with tomatoes, basil and cheese. Close sandwiches and wrap completely in the foil. Grill sandwiches on a covered grill 5 minutes per side or until heated through and cheese has melted.