- 10 - 14 oz. Package Eckrich Smoked Sausage, cut into 1/2 inch slices10 - 14 oz.
- 1 whole Small yellow onion, diced1 whole
- 1 cup(s) Fresh corn kernels1 cup(s)
- 2 clove(s) Garlic, minced2 clove(s)
- Fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup(s) Heavy cream1 cup(s)
- 1/2 cup(s) Shredded mozzarella cheese1/2 cup(s)
- 1/4 cup(s) Grated parmesan cheese1/4 cup(s)
- 1 Tbsp. Olive oil1 Tbsp.
- 1 lb. Short dried pasta, such as orecchiette, penne, or shells1 lb.
- 2 cup(s) Low-sodium chicken broth2 cup(s)
- 1/2 Tsp. Kosher salt1/2 Tsp.
- 1/2 Tsp. Freshly ground black pepper, plus more for serving1/2 Tsp.
HEAT olive oil in a large skillet set over medium-high heat. Add sausage, onion, garlic and corn, and cook until sausage begins to brown and vegetables begin to soften, about 5 minutes.
ADD pasta, heavy cream, chicken broth, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine, and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low and continue simmering for 8-12 minutes, until pasta is cooked al dente.
STIR IN mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses.
GARNISH with fresh basil and black pepper and serve immediately.