- 1 pkg(s) Eckrich Skinless Smoked Sausage1 pkg(s)
- 1 Tbsp. Vegetable oil1 Tbsp.
- 1 whole Large onion, chopped1 whole
- 1 whole Green bell pepper, diced1 whole
- 4 clove(s) Garlic, minced4 clove(s)
- 1 Tbsp. Flour1 Tbsp.
- 1 - 1/2 Tsp. Cajun or creole seasoning1 - 1/2 Tsp.
- 14 1/2 oz. Can fire roasted diced tomatoes, undrained14 1/2 oz.
- 1 cup(s) Reduced sodium chicken or beef broth1 cup(s)
- 2 cup(s) Hot cooked brown or white rice2 cup(s)
- 1/4 cup(s) Chopped fresh parsley1/4 cup(s)
Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and bell pepper; cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute. Sprinkle flour and seasoning over vegetables; cook and stir 1 minute.
Stir in sausage, tomatoes and broth; bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered 10 to 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender and sauce is slightly thickened.
Spoon rice into four shallow serving bowls; top with sausage mixture and parsley.