- 1/2 pkg(s) Eckrich Skinless Smoked Sausage, sliced in half, lengthwise1/2 pkg(s)
- 1 Tsp. Butter1 Tsp.
- 1/2 cup(s) Chopped onion1/2 cup(s)
- 3/4 cup(s) Long grain white rice3/4 cup(s)
- 1 - 1/2 cup(s) Water1 - 1/2 cup(s)
- 3 whole Large bell peppers, halved lengthwise, seeds and ribs removed3 whole
- 1 Tsp. Salt, divided1 Tsp.
- 1/4 Tsp. Black pepper1/4 Tsp.
- 1 Tsp. Dried basil or oregano1 Tsp.
- 2 cup(s) Baby spinach, coarsely chopped2 cup(s)
- 1 whole Tomato, chopped1 whole
Preheat oven to 400ºF.
Slice Eckrich Smoked Sausage in half lengthwise. Place on one end of well-greased rimmed baking pan (15-inch x 11-inch).
In a 3-quart saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic, cook 2 to 3 minutes or until slightly tender, stirring occasionally. Add the rice and water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook covered for 15 to 20 minutes or until water is absorbed and rice is tender.
Meanwhile, sprinkle the inside of bell peppers with ½ teaspoon of the salt; place face down on pan with sausage. Bake 20 minutes or until peppers are tender. Cut sausage into bite-sized slices.
Stir remaining ½ teaspoon salt, pepper, basil, spinach, tomato and sausage into rice mixture; cover and let stand several minutes to heat thoroughly. Flip peppers onto serving platter; fill with sausage and rice mixture.